[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to leverage the media library/modal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 23 06:43:44 UTC 2014

#21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to
leverage the media library/modal
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jjonesftw                |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new

Comment (by dauidus):

 Yes, I agree that the tabs should be completely lost.  Their inclusion
 adds one extra click to get where you want to be, not to mention they add
 to a potentially overloaded customizer system already (assuming that some
 devs won't respect any sort of section limit.  Well, it really adds an
 extra 2 clicks... assuming we use the default add media panel - all
 options are in there, easily sorted out for quick overview of all possible
 upload decisions.

 And, I do agree that it should be easy for future devs to hook into.
 You're spot-on there.

 I'm looking through all threads on this now, and getting caught up more
 before I speak to this any more... I didn't realize we were already moving
 along on this as far as we have.

 Cheers!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21483#comment:27>