[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site environent

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 22 07:52:22 UTC 2014

#29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site
environent
 Reporter:  cooperman     |       Owner:

Comment (by cooperman):

 Apologies for the delay; we've set up a test environment on the same
 hosting setup for our site so that we can make changes without risking the
 live site. I can confirm that FORCE_SSL_ADMIN didn't affect this
 behaviour. We did try this last week but we were throwing lots of things
 at it at that point and so I didn’t want to respond until we’d been a bit
 more scientific over the test.

 We're now going to look at implementing the server configuration changes
 mentioned above.

 @johnbillion - is this a hosting misconfiguration? We've got this setup by
 design. Is the question now "is WordPress only going to support certain
 hosting configurations from now on?" Other users appear to be hacking (or
 being advised to hack) the core WordPress files to resolve this -
 https://www.rgbartlett.co.uk/wordpress-4-https-and-tsohost-it-all-works/

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29708#comment:5>