[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29676: Customizer background color control should be contextual to there not being a background image

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 15 04:57:11 UTC 2014

#29676: Customizer background color control should be contextual to there not being
a background image
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize         |    Version:  4.0
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                    |
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Or, to account for potentially transparent pngs, we could hide the control
 when get_theme_mod('background_image') is not empty and isn't a png
 extension. This can be accomplished by adding an `active_callback`
 function for this control.

 There is no reason to show a background color control when users cannot
 see the background color being displayed anywhere. In fact, this can cause
 confusion. Ideally, we would also have the colors section automatically
 hide if this is the only control in it (or none of its controls are
 active) - we'd like to do that for all sections by default and will likely
 be doing that in 4.1 anyway.