[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29669: Static base in permalink_structure unexpectedly sets $wp_rewrite->front value

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 14 17:44:12 UTC 2014

#29669: Static base in permalink_structure unexpectedly sets $wp_rewrite->front
value
-----------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Permalinks       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------
 When I use a permalink structure like `/story/%post_id%/%postname%/`, the
 author and date URLs inherit the same `/story/` base (e.g.
 `/story/author/danielbachhuber/`). I'd expect my author and date URLs to
 remain unchanged, unless I explicitly specify a base.

 There appears to be some crude `%post_id%` conflict resolution for date
 which forces this. It's not clear why the `front` value is applied to
 `author_structure`.

 This code is 9 years young (#2433), so probably too late to make a
 breaking change. It would be nice to have a filter around
 `$wp_rewrite->front` in `$wp_rewrite->init()` so I don't have filter both
 rewrite rules and links.