[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29618: Improve `is_child_theme` to check for a valid Template value in child stylesheet comment header

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 12 16:54:57 UTC 2014

#29618: Improve `is_child_theme` to check for a valid Template value in child
stylesheet comment header
 Reporter:  lancewillett  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new

Comment (by lancewillett):

 I'm sensing a "No" here. I'll run with `parent()` but would prefer to have
 a nicely named wrapper that checks both template/stylesheet mismatch
 '''and''' the valid parent. To reduce complexity for everyday usage — and
 for new developers to know that `is_child_theme()` is actually accurate.
 What it says on the tin.

 I don't think performance should be a reason to improve the function,
 because high-traffic WP install should use some sort of caching anyway.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29618#comment:4>