[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27471: wp.newComment allows to post new comments even if they are closed or not supported

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 11 11:13:05 UTC 2014

#27471: wp.newComment allows to post new comments even if they are closed or not
supported
-----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  xknown                       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by markoheijnen):

 I can see why there are no checks in the APIs of WordPress because you can
 also have custom comment types that would ignore if comments are allowed
 like status update of your order inside a e-commerce plugin.

 Unsure about {{{wp.newComment}}} tho, since that one is only for comments
 but I can agree with jeremyfelt to have it match the current behavior of
 {{{wp_new_comment()}}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27471#comment:4>