[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29508: Drupal Panels like built in functionality to modify "body" layout of any WordPress page from Admin Interface

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 4 11:25:50 UTC 2014

#29508: Drupal Panels like built in functionality to modify "body" layout of any
WordPress page from Admin Interface
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  chillopedia                   |      Owner:
     Type:  feature request               |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration                |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration, template  |
 Being a Drupal/WordPress developer, I really miss functionality like
 Drupal Panels (https://www.drupal.org/project/panels) in WordPress in
 which you can easily change the layout of the body of any page from the
 admin backend without touching any CSS:
 [[Image(http://ygerasimov.com/sites/default/files/apachesolr_panel_settings.png)]]

 If Panels could somehow be integrated within WordPress core to allow users
 to customize a layout with a simple drag and drop interface, I believe
 WordPress theme-ing capabilities would really really become much more user
 friendly.