[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29487: wp_install_language_form(): Default language should reflect $wp_local_package

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 3 18:07:49 UTC 2014

#29487: wp_install_language_form(): Default language should reflect
$wp_local_package
 Reporter:  tenpura       |       Owner:

Comment (by pavelevap):

 SergeyBiryukov: Exactly, why selecting language for localized package? And
 when it is removed from localized packages then why English users should
 select their language? For them it is also not necessary? But I am
 probably missing something, because I do not believe that new feature
 (language installation page) is UX regression and not needed step for 99 %
 users. Maybe localized packages are not used during installation, but only
 small language packs? I am not sure how it really works...

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29487#comment:5>