[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30166: Twenty Fifteen: Color contrast doesn't meet minimum accessibility requirements

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 30 01:52:48 UTC 2014

#30166: Twenty Fifteen: Color contrast doesn't meet minimum accessibility
requirements
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 The blue scheme is ''really'' low contrast (doesn't even meet the large-
 text, AA guideline), and I feel like a default theme should probably do
 more than the minimum theme review guidelines, but if no one else feels
 that way we can leave it since it's customizable.

 For color schemes, I think would be better to calculate the alternate
 colors in php so that they can be more consistently displayed and more
 easily understood in the browser (avoiding the need to try to calculate
 rgb to hex and factor in the opacity). I'll do a new ticket for that:
 #30192.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30166#comment:5>