[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29839: Enhance get_terms to return only bottom child terms (terms without children) when taxonomy is heirarchical

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 29 16:02:29 UTC 2014

#29839: Enhance get_terms to return only bottom child terms (terms without
children) when taxonomy is heirarchical
----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  theMikeD                    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by TimothyBlynJacobs):

 We've needed this for a project. Right now we are going to write the query
 manually.

 We need it to return all leaf nodes, so all terms with no children.

 Various use cases for this exist. In our use case we need it because we
 need to present a drop-down to a user and for our data it would only make
 sense for them to select leaf nodes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29839#comment:6>