[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29743: warning with join in nav-menu-template.php (L 98) when apply_filters nav_menu_css_class return null

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 27 02:08:15 UTC 2014

#29743: warning with join in nav-menu-template.php (L 98) when apply_filters
nav_menu_css_class return null
-------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  eadoking     |       Owner:  markjaquith
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 > there is a warning because apply_filters on nav_menu_css_class return
 null

 I think this should be considered a developer error. If the goal is to
 remove the classes, `__return_empty_array()` should be used here instead
 of `__return_null`.

 But if we're going to keep [30032], we should do the same for
 `body_class`, `post_class`, `comment_class`, and `page_css_class` filters
 as well.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29743#comment:5>