[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28650: Allow Customizer elements (controls, sections, and panels) to be deep-linked

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 17 19:53:17 UTC 2014

#28650: Allow Customizer elements (controls, sections, and panels) to be deep-
linked
-------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 We'll implement this using a URL query arg, ie
 {{{
 /wp-admin/customize.php?control=background-
 image&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdevelop.wp.dev%2F
 }}}

 There will need to be some code that grabs that, then finds the
 corresponding object (control, section, or panel) and invokes its focus()
 method, which is being implemented in #28709. Only one object would need
 to be provided, so we don't need to know what section a control is in, for
 example, that'll be handled internally.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28650#comment:9>