[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29985: Full Screen Editor: Make It Easier to Find Empty Text Areas Before Content Has Been Entered

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 15 18:53:49 UTC 2014

#29985: Full Screen Editor: Make It Easier to Find Empty Text Areas Before Content
Has Been Entered
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  studionashvegas    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor             |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, accessibility  |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Steps to replicate:
 1) Create a new post or page.
 2) Open the full screen editor.
 3) When the editor opens up, click anywhere in the white space that's not
 part of the content area.

 The text cursor disappears, and (eventually) so does the rest of the menu
 and text areas, leaving a solid white screen.  I had to hunt/peck a bit to
 find either the title or the content area.

 I recommend that (if the content is empty) that the dashed lines do not
 fade to enable users to easily find them if focus is lost.  If there's
 content, the lines can fade as normal because it'll be easier to find the
 box with something in it.