[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site environent

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 7 13:14:16 UTC 2014

#29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site
environent
--------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  cooperman                 |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by johnbillion):

 CloudFlare have announced [https://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-
 universal-ssl/ SSL for everyone] which, by default, uses Flexible SSL.
 Anyone who decides to use SSL for their CloudFlare proxied WordPress 4.0
 site will see this infinite redirect if they change their site URL to the
 `https` version.

 To that end, I'll revert [28610] for 4.0.1. I suspect we may have to live
 with it.

 This plugin provides a simple fix in the interim:
 https://wordpress.org/plugins/cloudflare-flexible-ssl/

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29708#comment:11>