[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29071: Make it easier to include an instance of the Customizer outside of customize.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 7 07:06:16 UTC 2014

#29071: Make it easier to include an instance of the Customizer outside of
customize.php
 Reporter:  ericlewis    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:5 ericlewis]:
 > In attachment:29071.2.diff, move the settings array building to a
 single-responsibility method `WP_Customize_Manager->get_settings_for_js()`

 Might I suggest something other than “settings” in the naming of
 `get_settings_for_js`. The term has been unfortunately overloaded in the
 Customizer to not only refer to the configuration of the customizer, but
 also the models (settings) which are being customized. Case in point:
 `wp.customize.settings.setting`. For the former sense of “settings” I
 think “config” makes more sense. So perhaps
 `WP_Customize_Manager->get_config_for_js()` or
 `WP_Customize_Manager->export_js_config()`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29071#comment:9>