[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29865: In plugins screen, searching installed plugins vs. searching for plugins to install is confusing

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 5 11:54:58 UTC 2014

#29865: In plugins screen, searching installed plugins vs. searching for plugins to
install is confusing
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ericlewis           |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins             |    Version:
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
 In the Plugins admin screen, there's some confusion I've seen for users
 (and now myself) in the difference between searching for installed plugins
 and searching for plugins to install.

 I think we should collapse these two experiences. If you search for
 "BuddyPress," we can show results in your local install that fit that
 search, as well as immediately showing other plugins you can install that
 also fit that search criteria.