[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29165: customize_preview_$setting->id action should be customize_preview_$setting->type

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 3 22:47:01 UTC 2014

#29165: customize_preview_$setting->id action should be
customize_preview_$setting->type
------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by DrewAPicture):

 Two things with [attachment:29165.2.diff]:
 * Can we please use an interpolated string for the hook name, e.g.
 `"customize_preview_{$this->type}"`?
 * Also, could you please wrap the reference to
 `WP_Customize_Setting::preview()` in the hook doc description using an
 inline `@see` tag? e.g. `{@see WP_Customize_Setting::preview()}`, that way
 it'll get auto-linked in the code reference.

 I notice that we use concatenation style for most/all of the hooks in this
 file, though I also notice that in the
 [https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/customize_preview_this-
 id/ code reference], `customize_preview_' . $this->id` shows up as
 interpolated, so that's interesting ...

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29165#comment:13>