[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29848: Caching problems when using 'alias_of' in wp_update_term() and wp_insert_term()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 3 15:54:28 UTC 2014

#29848: Caching problems when using 'alias_of' in wp_update_term() and
wp_insert_term()
--------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges  |       Owner:  boonebgorges
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I meant was that it's possible people have
 workarounds in place to handle the duplicate filters.

 Ah, yes. Like you say, this is very edge. And I'd assume that the
 "handling" would mainly involves "making sure that stuff isn't run twice",
 which will be moot after the duplicates are removed. I'm having a hard
 time thinking of a legitimate way to use the double hooks, but maybe the
 point is that those uses wouldn't be legitimate :)

 > The [syntax] for multi-line comments

 My bad. Fixed in [attachment:29848.3.patch] - at least for the multi-line
 comments. The hook documentation that I moved is unchanged; it begins with
 `/**`. I don't think I converted any hook docs to comments, but I might be
 misunderstanding your comment.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29848#comment:7>