[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23760: Cannot use spacebar to trigger OK button or links in Publish widget (eg. schedule settings)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 9 16:58:27 UTC 2014

#23760: Cannot use spacebar to trigger OK button or links in Publish widget (eg.
schedule settings)
--------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  Daedalon      |       Owner:

Comment (by afercia):

 Replying to [comment:7 sabreuse]:
 > Replying to [comment:5 helen]:
 > > Wondering if we are abusing the links-styled-as-buttons thing here.
 >
 > I think we are -- I'm not sure if we had good reasons for doing that in
 the first place, but it would be better for accessibility and save us
 having to write JS for what should be standard behavior if we used
 <button> where that's what we mean.
 Definitely yes, that's what the Accessibility Team recommends, see #26504
 for background.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23760#comment:9>