[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29988: Twenty Fifteen: Use JS/postMessage to update the color scheme instead of triggering a page refresh

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 7 20:41:28 UTC 2014

#29988: Twenty Fifteen: Use JS/postMessage to update the color scheme instead of
triggering a page refresh
------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  avryl             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback => has-patch commit

Comment:

 This looks like a really good solution. I did a thorough review of the
 patch and it looks good overall. Some of the variables and comments in the
 color scheme template need work, but let's get the first pass in first,
 then that should be a quick fix.

 This also improves front-end performance since color scheme css is cached
 in a theme mod, rather than being generated on every page load. In the
 Customizer, we get actual real-time previewing, as demoed in the
 screencast above (and you get the instant feedback when tweaking color
 pickers as well).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29988#comment:31>