[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27626: wp_check_browser_version() collects information for WP and potentially poses privacy concerns, also causes slow load time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat May 17 22:10:10 UTC 2014

#27626: wp_check_browser_version() collects information for WP and potentially
poses privacy concerns, also causes slow load time
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  chris.mcmacken  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:6 chris.mcmacken]:
 > However, I assume it would not be difficult to add an option to disable
 this in the WordPress core?

 Indeed, but it would go against the
 [http://wordpress.org/about/philosophy/ "Decisions, not options"
 philosophy].

 So I guess a plugin is the only way to do it for now. BTW, I've attached a
 cleaner version, thanks to @Rarst for the Twitter challenge :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27626#comment:9>