[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28114: Updating on the dashboard is critically broken in Ubuntu 14.04 and PHP 5.5.9

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 4 17:54:27 UTC 2014

#28114: Updating on the dashboard is critically broken in Ubuntu 14.04 and PHP
5.5.9
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  pressuser79      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by pressuser79):

 I'm trying to track down more information.  Server A is using Nginx 1.4.6
 and PHP 5.4.9 and server B has PHP 5.5.9 and Nginx 1.6.0.  I've installed
 the website on both servers and it works fine on server A; it's a total
 mess on server B.  I installed PHP using the same package manager command
 for both servers and both websites use the same Virtual Hosts file to
 define the website in Nginx.

 The bug is either somewhere in the PHP/Wordpress code or my Virtual Hosts
 file.  I'm going to assume it's in my Virtual Hosts file and start looking
 in that direction.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28114#comment:2>