[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 29 10:50:24 UTC 2014

#27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer
section
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by ocean90):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * type:  feature request => enhancement

Comment:

 Talked a bit with nacin.

 There is a POC from shaunandrews: http://www.shaunandrews.com/themes/new-
 customizer/

 We want to give this a chance and need a patch which does the following:

 * It should be only available for widgets.
 * Only option should be to manage widgets or return (not like
 [https://github.com/x-team/wp-widget-
 customizer/issues/77#issuecomment-33542830 this mockup], where you see the
 save/cancel button)
 * It should show *all* sidebars.
 * Sidebars, which aren't used on the current preview page should be semi-
 transparent, this will make #27405 invalid, which is okay.

 Sure it's a bit late in cycle, but it's worth at least seeing if it's
 small and also a clear/obvious improvement. Since we want this anyway, at
 worst the patch will find it's way into 4.0 if we agree it's an
 improvement.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27406#comment:4>