[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27422: Tapping an image in TinyMCE that is wrapped in link follows the link instead of opening modal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 27 07:48:53 UTC 2014

#27422: Tapping an image in TinyMCE that is wrapped in link follows the link
instead of opening modal
 Reporter:  gcorne        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by nacin):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 I can confirm this now works in WP trunk on iOS 7.1 (iPad mini) for both
 Chrome and Safari.

 Appears to have been fixed in TinyMCE 4.0.20:
 http://www.tinymce.com/develop/changelog/?ctrl=version&act=view&pr_id=1&vr_id=860

 > This version adds a few workarounds for iOS 7.1. Apple introduced two
 new bugs in their latest Safari version where it's possible to tap and
 open links within a contentEditable region and get the touch call out menu
 on links/images we managed to disable these to "features".

 4.0.20 was added to trunk in [27603], after this ticket was opened.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27422#comment:5>