[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26907: Distraction Free Writing mode no longer wakes up on mouse move unless it is in the toolbar

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 27 01:02:23 UTC 2014

#26907: Distraction Free Writing mode no longer wakes up on mouse move unless it is
in the toolbar
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  GregRoss      |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by GregRoss):

 Sensitivity of the mouse move could of course be adjusted, but I think it
 makes sense to show the toolbar on a mouse move as from a distraction free
 standpoint, once you reached over to the mouse you have effectively left
 DFW.

 Before I looked at the code, I assumed the new behaviour was a bug and it
 wasn't readily apparent you had to move the mouse in to the toolbar.

 A plugin could do this function as well but it's tricky and prone to
 breakage between versions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26907#comment:11>