[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26959: Incorporate preview of inserted galleries in the visual editor using a new version of the wpview tinymce plugin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 15 04:49:36 UTC 2014

#26959: Incorporate preview of inserted galleries in the visual editor using a new
version of the wpview tinymce plugin
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  gcorne          |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by gcorne):

 1. Makes sure that the editor is focused when clicking on a wpview
 2. When a view is the first or last node in the editor and a click on the
 area around the view adds a new paragraph, deselect the wpview so that the
 new paragraph is properly focused.
 3. When navigating via keyboard, select or deselect wpviews as is
 appropriate, and create the new paragraph if the logical arrow key is
 pressed when a view that is the first or last node in the editor is
 selected. For example, if a gallery is the first node and the left arrow
 is pressed, create a new paragraph and move the caret to the new
 paragraph.

 I suspect that there is probably a case or two that I have not adequately
 handled with the arrow keys. I also noticed that we don't really handle
 keyboard navigation well when dealing with single images.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26959#comment:19>