[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18804: Add "has-post-thumbnail" class to post_class() when there's a featured image

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 4 16:44:14 UTC 2014

#18804: Add "has-post-thumbnail" class to post_class() when there's a featured
image
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber   |       Owner:  danielbachhuber
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by lancewillett):

 I prefer {{{has-post-thumbnail}}} as it's more explicit (versus a class
 value saying this theme (or current view) supports post-thumbnails in
 general.

 Also looking at back-compat, it's already in use in 2 default themes and
 24 other themes active on WP.org.

 {{{post-thumbnail}}} would be my second choice, but it's already in heavy
 use across many themes, so could be a support headache for theme
 developers. I found 149 themes using it in WP.org and 20 on WP.com.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18804#comment:14>