[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28615: Display more columns of widgets on widgets.php page if resolution size is very large

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 24 05:06:30 UTC 2014

#28615: Display more columns of widgets on widgets.php page if resolution size is
very large
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  alexvorn2    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by leobaiano):

 * keywords:   => 2nd-opinion
 * severity:  normal => trivial

Comment:

 Currently WordPress has, in this section, the following structure

 . liquid-widget-left (left sidebar where the widgets appear available)

 . liquid-widget-right (right sidebar areas where the widgets appear)
 . sidebars-column-1 (first column areas with widgets)
 . sidebars-column-2 (second column areas with widgets)

 WordPress widgets areas divided equally among the columns. Sidebars-and
 column-1. Sidebars-column-2.

 What you're proposing is that instead of dividing the areas they are
 positioned side by side? I do not think is a good solution, since only one
 of the areas appear open, we would be with an empty space at the bottom,
 it is more feasible to position the fields one below the other, as it is
 currently.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28615#comment:2>