[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28566: Add our own "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" message when possible

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 17 16:03:31 UTC 2014

#28566: Add our own "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" message when
possible
 Reporter:  avryl         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui            |
 We could do that by listening for clicks on the page that would unload it.
 Unfortunately it's not possible to display our own dialog when navigating
 away with the browser, but I think having our own dialog half of the time
 is better than nothing.

 I quite like how FaceBook has done something similar. For the editor, we
 could have an extra button to save the post.

 See also the usability test @designsimply has done for the front-end
 editor.
 http://make.wordpress.org/ui/2014/03/05/front-end-editor-usability-
 test-2/#comment-24315