[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24675: Reduce the number of clicks needed to update the permalink to match a changed title to just one click.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 15 22:38:41 UTC 2014

#24675: Reduce the number of clicks needed to update the permalink to match a
changed title to just one click.
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  pbearne      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by pbearne):

 Adding new comment to kick this a bit more as I still believe we can do
 better.

 Since I created this I have learned that any URL(permalink) that is used
 and replaced after a Page/Post has been published are converted to a
 redirect this not indicated anywhere and so confusing to users.

 So I would update the suggest to include that we should add the option to
 not do this and to list list all the URL's that point to this post with
 the ability to  remove any of the old links.

 This is that an URL can re-used if needed and we can see the history /
 alt's for the post.

 Paul

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24675#comment:13>