[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 12 20:16:03 UTC 2014

#27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer
section
 Reporter:  westonruter                          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
                                                 |  javascript
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch dev-feedback needs-testing
 * component:  Widgets => Appearance

 customizer "Pages" and putting all sidebars into a page. This implements
 the second approach I outlined above. Themes and plugins can add their own
 pages via `$wp_customize->add_page()` and `$wp_customize->add_section(
 $id, array( 'title' => '...', 'page' => $page ) );`.

 While pages and top-level sections could be combined in sorting with this
 approach, I kept them separate, meaning all pages would be displayed
 either above or below all top-level sections. I don't think we should
 enforce anything like requiring all sections to be in pages.

 I'd be interested in seeing other possible approaches and/or improvements
 on this approach. And also thoughts on the UX. The patch is designed to be
 user-testable and the UI could be considered complete other than some sort
 of a sliding animation. My patch could use work on the JS side especially.
 It looks like I broke widget-adding too, but don't have time to dig into
 that at the moment (looks like a minor issue, though, I didn't spend much
 time trying to disable the conditional sidebar display part).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27406#comment:17>