[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 11 19:30:09 UTC 2014

#27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer
section
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:14 celloexpressions]:
 > I've been thinking of it as Customizer '''Super'''sections, I suppose
 for this reason. Those could be special sections that, rather than
 containing controls, contained sections. In the UI they would slide over
 and only show the sections in that super-section, as in the mockup.

 My concern with supersections is that "super" isn't really a paradigm
 found in core today (AFAIK), while the paradigm of children is pervasive
 in WP (child pages, submenu items, sub terms, etc). For an existing
 pattern, perhaps the Admin Bar should be considered: the
 `$wp_admin_bar->add_node()` has a `parent` argument.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27406#comment:15>