[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28479: plugin shortcode invoked on one page causes other webpage plugin shortcode to also be invoked

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 8 16:59:21 UTC 2014

#28479: plugin shortcode invoked on one page causes other webpage plugin shortcode
to also be invoked
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  WordPressMystic  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by WordPressMystic):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 Hello SergeyBiryukov

 Thank you very much for your prompt response

 You are spot on in your analysis in that browser prefetching is causing
 the issue.
 I tested this by setting network.prefetch-next to false in firefox and it
 all works fine
 The only problem here is that I cannot control what the user's browser
 settings will be as that could come in from anywhere, so I need to find a
 different mechanism for blocking this at the wordpress and/or plugin
 level.
 It is good to hear that adjacent links for pages will no longer be
 generated in 4.0.
 In the meantime 4.0 is not yet available as a stable version so I cannot
 use that yet !
 Is there a way that I can achieve this easily in the current 3.9.1 stable
 version ?
 If not I will need to make a workaround to ensure that the page I have an
 issue with (sort of webservice if you like) cannot make any action without
 the value of a parameter passed in the URL of that page. That way,
 Wordpress cannot create a link to that page that will have any effect
 other that preloading it.
 It would be better to just turn that off in WordPress though

 Kind regards

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28479#comment:3>