[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28479: plugin shortcode invoked on one page causes other webpage plugin shortcode to also be invoked

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jun 7 10:15:06 UTC 2014

#28479: plugin shortcode invoked on one page causes other webpage plugin shortcode
to also be invoked
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  WordPressMystic  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins          |    Version:  3.9.1
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I have a plugin that I coded myself for a particular application
 This used to work properly on a Ubuntu server 12.02 LTS running in my home
 I rebuilt the server to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and re-installed everything as
 before.
 I suspect that the WP release may have been automatically updated between
 the time it last ran successfully on the old server (which died on me so I
 can't check that) and the new release on the new server.
 Since then, the plugin behaves strangely as follows
 - There are two shortcodes in the plugin for two different functionalities
 - One shortcode is invoked from a particular WP page and the other
 shortcode is invoked from a different WP page
 - When the WP page containing the first shortcode is invoked, that runs as
 expected, but the WP page that contains the other shortcode also gets
 triggered somehow and that functionality is also run.
 I have proved that by removing the shortcode from the second WP page and
 then it works fine as expected when the first WP page is invoked
 I have then upgraded to the latest WP version 3.9.1 which makes no
 difference
 I have also tried different methods of coding the shortcodes in my plugin,
 but every time with the same strange behaviour
 The first WP page is http://192.168.1.240/automat/controllers/ and just
 contains the shortcode of [automat-controller]
 The second WP page is http://192.168.1.240/automat/scheduler/ and just
 contains the shortcode of [automat-scheduler]
 I have attached the latest plugin code here for reference
 Please let me know if you need any more information from me to help with
 the debugging of this
 Kind regards