[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28857: Media Grid: Manage focus when toggling between the grid and an edit attachment modal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 25 16:06:15 UTC 2014

#28857: Media Grid: Manage focus when toggling between the grid and an edit
attachment modal
---------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  davidakennedy  |       Owner:  wonderboymusic
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 Good point. I put the focus call inside the close callback because we
 already had a close callback - I can see how shifting it to a listener in
 MediaFrame.Manage makes more sense structurally and would allow us to more
 narrowly focus the selector.

 Replying to [comment:10 ericlewis]:
 > We should think about the implementation here more thoroughly.
 >
 > We should never use global jQuery selectors in Backbone code, this
 typically implies an object is taking on more responsibility than it can
 handle.

 > The task of reestablishing focus on the correct element should probably
 live within the `media.view.MediaFrame.Manage` controller. As this
 controller opens up the modal via the `openEditAttachmentModal` method, it
 should probably also listen to events happening on that frame to keep
 track of what attachment is currently being edited/viewed in the modal,
 and on close reestablish focus appropriately.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28857#comment:11>