[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22212: WP_User_Query( array('role' => $role) ) should accept array or not return anything if array

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 21 17:39:30 UTC 2014

#22212: WP_User_Query( array('role' => $role) ) should accept array or not return
anything if array
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  thomask                             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                         |      Status:  reopened
                                                |     Focuses:
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
Changes (by DrewAPicture):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-docs => has-patch has-unit-tests 4.1-early
 * milestone:  4.0 => Future Release

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:35 mordauk]:
 > Any specifics on the docs that should be updated with this? I don't see
 any besides perhaps some inline comments.

 I was thinking a notation that the type on `$role` had been changed to
 string|array, though I notice there's actually no documentation anywhere
 other than the Codex. Let's handle documenting the defaults over in #28298

 '''Following commit''', the Codex could use some updates though for the
 accepted type adjustment:

 * https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_User_Query
 * https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_users

 And unfortunately, it's too late for this change. Let's pick it up in 4.1
 early.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22212#comment:36>