[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28833: Media Library Grid - Search and checkboxes not accessible at lower screen widths

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 11 16:01:22 UTC 2014

#28833: Media Library Grid - Search and checkboxes not accessible at lower screen
widths
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  GrahamArmfield  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Media           |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  accessibility   |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I'm on a Windows 7 machine (64 bit) and I'm experiencing this on both
 Chrome 35 and FF 30.

 At lower screen widths the search input and the various meta data
 checkboxes are not visible above the media items by default.

 It is possible to reach them by tabbing onwards from Bulk Edit, but I'm
 not clear how anyone not using a keyboard can get to them. As well as
 mouse user this would prove difficult for anyone using voice recognition
 software - eg Dragon Naturally Speaking.

 At lower screen widths, I'd expect to see the search box and checkboxes
 drop down onto a second line, so that they're permanently visible, and
 therefore easy to access.

 Screenshot attached.