[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to leverage the media library/modal (was: Theme Customizer: Use any image from media library for background image)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 10 19:15:48 UTC 2014

#21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to
leverage the media library/modal
 Reporter:  jjonesftw    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * focuses:  ui => ui, javascript
 * version:  3.4.1 => 3.5

Comment:

 I think we're all in agreement that backgrounds should be handled
 similarly to headers (#21785), without cropping, and that we can fix up
 the generic Upload and Image controls in the process.

 Unlike with headers (which have the randomize option), these controls
 don't need to support multiple files, so we could potentially remove the
 concept of showing images that were previously uploaded to this control.
 Using the media modal (added in 3.5) makes it easy to find already-
 uploaded files, and we could add "uploaded to this control" into the
 modal's filtering options.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21483#comment:21>