[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28764: clicked to update and then only got fatal error message since - cannot get into the admin section of my site

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 6 15:43:56 UTC 2014

#28764: clicked to update and then only got fatal error message since - cannot get
into the admin section of my site
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Petebyrne       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_update_core() (previously declared in
 /srv/disk4/1460902/www/arctraining.atspace.co.uk/wp-
 admin/includes/update.php:288) in
 /srv/disk4/1460902/www/arctraining.atspace.co.uk/wp-
 admin/includes/deprecated.php on line 1077

 Please help me get back into my site. After trying to download the newest
 version of word press I keep getting the above error everytime I try to
 edit or log in.
 I only went to upgrade to add the Google Anayltics widget to the site as
 could not find a way to upload the "web master tools document"