[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 1 15:38:44 UTC 2014

#27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer
section
 Reporter:  westonruter                          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  feedback has-patch                             |  javascript
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  needs-testing needs-docs needs-patch ux-feedback => needs-
     testing needs-docs ux-feedback has-patch

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:38 ocean90]:
 > Minor issue:
 >
 > * Open Customizer
 > * Go to the Widgets panel
 > * Open first section
 > * Click back arrow
 > * Go to the Widgets panel again
 > * You will see that the first section is still open, try to close it
 >
 > Expected: Section closes
 > Is: Section will be still open
 That was actually intentional - each accordion panel acted independently.
 However, there was some residual code that looked like it was  supposed to
 prevent that, it was buggy, and I can see how it would be better to always
 close all sections when going in/out of panels, so

 I also did some improved inline docs for `accordion.js` including a file
 header with an example. I'm not sure exactly what we should do here, as
 the JS isn't as structured as the parts of core that have JS docs already,
 but this should be sufficient for anyone looking into what the different
 parts of this file do. I also removed some unneeded pre-mp6-specific code.
 That's all in [attachment:27406.accordion.js-docs.diff].

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27406#comment:40>