[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13821: Changing visibility to password-protected without entering a password does not warn user

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 31 18:14:01 UTC 2014

#13821: Changing visibility to password-protected without entering a password does
not warn user
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  markel                     |       Owner:  kapeels
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by kovshenin):

 * keywords:  ux-feedback has-patch gci 3.2-early needs-refresh => ux-
     feedback has-patch gci
 * focuses:   => administration
 * component:  Administration => Editor

Comment:

 Tested and did a little js cleanup in [attachment:13821.diff]. The
 disabling works for the OK button that is supposed to close the status
 area, however, the user can still update or save the post, so:

 1. Publish a private post
 1. Set the visibility to password protected, don't type in a password
 1. Hit Update, your post is now public

 We can either disable the Update/Publish/Save button just like we do with
 OK, or we can revert the post status to whatever was chosen previously
 (private in the above case) upon post save/publish, if the password was
 blank. I like reverting better than disabling buttons. Thoughts?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13821#comment:16>