[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24048: Increase the usability of Plugin Editor's files list (separate directories, limit height)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 26 15:28:26 UTC 2014

#24048: Increase the usability of Plugin Editor's files list (separate directories,
limit height)
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Daedalon     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by helen):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * focuses:   => ui
 * type:  defect (bug) => enhancement

Comment:

 I have to admit that I'm not super excited about the prospect of either
 making some kind of tree nav or implementing and then maintaining an
 existing, compatible script. Something native to jQuery UI sounds nice but
 it doesn't seem to have any traction.

 I also rather dislike the idea of making this look and feel like a
 sustainable way to be editing files. I don't think we should get rid of
 the file editors, but I also don't see any reason to make them
 particularly convenient or comfortable.

 I could maybe get behind some basic headers. Probably need to fix #6531
 first or alongside.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24048#comment:2>