[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26758: Edit Tags form on submission does not stay at the same page and gets redirected

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 2 11:05:05 UTC 2014

#26758: Edit Tags form on submission does not stay at the same page and gets
redirected
 Reporter:  chiragswadia  |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement   |     Status:  new
Component:  Taxonomy      |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Whenever a category / tag is updated ( name / slug / description ), It
 gets redirected to the tags list ( i.e. edit-tags.php page ).

 This is quite annoying and for re-checking the value updated, We have to
 search the tag in the list and then confirm our value updated.

 The '''MAJOR''' problem arises when we have custom category/tag meta in
 addition to the name, slug and description. To verify whether it is
 updated or not, It has to be re-opened in edit mode after searching from
 the list.

 I have fixed this issue. After updation a proper message is displayed and
 the redirect to the tags/categories list is prevented.