[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27238: Add parameters to the_taxonomies() and get_the_taxonomies() to deselect linking

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 28 16:47:11 UTC 2014

#27238: Add parameters to the_taxonomies() and get_the_taxonomies() to deselect
linking
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  davidjlaietta  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * version:  trunk => 3.8

Old description:

> Currently get_the_taxonomies() automatically wrap all taxonomies that
> they list in anchor tags:
>
> $links[] = "<a href='" . esc_attr( get_term_link($term) ) .
> "'>$term->name</a>";
>
> We would like to have the option to remove these, to display an unlinked
> list of taxonomies that are applied to a post:
>
> $list[] = $term->name;
>
> The patch that I've attached includes a 'links' parameter to both
> the_taxonomies() and get_the_taxonomies(), set to true to not affect
> existing usage of these functions. If the parameter is set to false, only
> the taxonomies will be returned, and not their links.

New description:

 Currently get_the_taxonomies() automatically wrap all taxonomies that they
 list in anchor tags:
 {{{
 $links[] = "<a href='" . esc_attr( get_term_link($term) ) .
 "'>$term->name</a>";
 }}}
 We would like to have the option to remove these, to display an unlinked
 list of taxonomies that are applied to a post:
 {{{
 $list[] = $term->name;
 }}}
 The patch that I've attached includes a 'links' parameter to both
 the_taxonomies() and get_the_taxonomies(), set to true to not affect
 existing usage of these functions. If the parameter is set to false, only
 the taxonomies will be returned, and not their links.

 Replying to [comment:1 hereswhatidid]:
 > then $taxonomy_list would contain an array of just the term names.

 That would print taxonomy names, but not term names. You can, however use
 `strip_tags()` to get rid of links:
 {{{
 $taxonomies = array_map( 'strip_tags', get_the_taxonomies() );
 echo implode( ' ', $taxonomies );
 }}}

 Looks like [attachment:27238.diff] is made against 3.8 rather than current
 trunk, so it cannot be applied properly.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27238#comment:2>