[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20516: Ability to remove a previously-used Header Image from the list of rotating "random" header images

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 25 06:06:32 UTC 2014

#20516: Ability to remove a previously-used Header Image from the list of rotating
"random" header images
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  TomAuger     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by tomauger):

 This initial patch is a quick fix, allowing header images to be removed
 from the "available images" pool. It has a small jQuery error right now
 that prevents the user from removing multiple images without a refresh,
 which I will address in the next update.

 The whole header image approach is bogus though and should be completely
 refactored (see #27202) once we get the Media Modal settled. Currently
 selecting ANY media library item as a Header Image will automatically
 create a new attachment, even if it's exactly cropped. So if you remove an
 image from the list, the next time you add it, your library will get yet
 another duplicate of that image.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20516#comment:5>