[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27113: Explicitly assign menu term relationship in wp_update_nav_menu_item() instead of using "tax_input" argument

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 12 19:50:39 UTC 2014

#27113: Explicitly assign menu term relationship in wp_update_nav_menu_item()
instead of using "tax_input" argument
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus            |    Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:  dev-feedback
  Focuses:                   |
 `wp_update_nav_menu_item()` depends on the `tax_input` to assign a menu
 item to a menu term. However, when `wp_update_nav_menu_item()` is called
 from a user-less context, this association isn't created and the menu item
 is orphaned.

 For me, this user-less context is a WP-CLI command where I haven't
 explicitly set a user.

 Related #19373