[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27037: The options to have new users sign up with Administrator as the default role should not be an option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 7 18:21:33 UTC 2014

#27037: The options to have new users sign up with Administrator as the default
role should not be an option
-------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  dwainm       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by helen):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 If you're turning on user registration, I should hope you are being
 thoughtful and not just rampantly changing things. And as jenmylo said, so
 long as the role WP defaults to is subscriber, we shouldn't arbitrarily
 limit the choices. After all, there are also custom roles that could be
 just as dangerous.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27037#comment:5>