[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26686: XMLRPC call will not remove all terms in a taxonomy when passed an empty array

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 7 01:55:36 UTC 2014

#26686: XMLRPC call will not remove all terms in a taxonomy when passed an empty
array
 Reporter:  jstraitiff    |       Owner:

Comment (by dinomic):

 Replying to [comment:1 markoheijnen]:
 > Related #25037

 markoheijnen, it's "related" but it's not the same issue. jstraitiff
 reported the issue with regards to '''terms''' and your related link is to
 do with '''categories'''.

 I know that the official terminology refers to them both as being
 "taxonomies", but a bug definitely exists! Sure, the related link points
 to the fact that there should always be at least 1 selected category, but
 I'm not aware of a similar rule existing for terms.

 I tried jstraitiff's fix on our test server, but it doesn't resolve the
 problem completely. Here's an example:
 1) The current state of our post is assigned to the "Uncategorized"
 category, and the term "News"
 2) I want to remove the Term "News", so I remove it and send the XML. Our
 app sends terms as "terms_names" and the categories as "terms" (see XML
 snippet below). However, "News" still stays attached to the post.

 {{{
                 </value></member>
                 <array><data>
                 </data></array>