[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #6536: Introduce the concept of "read" and "unread" comments for better workflow in the admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 5 05:04:11 UTC 2014

#6536: Introduce the concept of "read" and "unread" comments for better workflow
in the admin
 Reporter:  markjaquith  |       Owner:  markjaquith
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by mordauk):

 Andrew Norcross, Tom McFarlin and I played with this kind of idea in our
 [http://wordpress.org/plugins/comments-not-replied-to/ Comments Not
 Replied To] plugin. We took the comment meta approach, though I'd
 personally be more in favor of adding a new column to the main comments
 table.

 One concern I can see popping up is how to handle multi-author sites. A
 `read` column is great, but it might be useful to know who read the
 comment. Would it be limited to the post author? While that could work
 well in some scenarios, it would break apart in others.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6536#comment:7>