[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24048: Increase the usability of Plugin Editor's files list (separate directories, limit height)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 5 04:48:38 UTC 2014

#24048: Increase the usability of Plugin Editor's files list (separate directories,
limit height)
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Daedalon     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by mordauk):

 Aside from visual aides, one of the main reasons I'd get behind this is
 simply to provide a way to edit any file within a plugin or theme. As it
 stands, the plugin / theme does not always make all of the files of the
 theme or plugin available. I'm not sure of the exact logic for how the
 files are loaded, but it seems that only files included directly into the
 main plugin file or theme's functions.php file are displayed.

 The [http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/ WP Editor] gets around this
 limitation by providing a browsable directory structure. I think it's
 overkill for what this ticket should and/or could introduce, but it does
 provide a nice contrast in usability to the current editor.

 To summarize, I'd love to see the ability to show / edit all files within
 a plugin or theme instead of just some.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24048#comment:9>